Before you start using a 6-inch or a 13-inch device, or if you wish to connect your Room Booking System to a TV via Room Booking System on Displays, you will first need to set it up and pair it with your Room Booking System Web Portal account.
Follow the instructions presented below:
- Unbox your Room Booking System device
- Connect it to your Wi-Fi
- Connect it to a VSS server
- Pair it to your Room Booking System Web Portal account
- Mount it to a wall or door
Unbox your Room Booking System device
A pretty straightforward step. Simply unbox your Room Booking System device and make sure that you have received all of the components as well as that the device is in mint condition.
If something is missing or seems wrong, do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
Connect your Room Booking System device to the Wi-Fi
First, you need to make sure that your Wi-Fi network meets your Room Booking System’s requirements. A bad network will result in poor performance. Check out the requirements here.
Depending on your network’s security level, please follow the instructions in the links below:
- How to connect a Room Booking System device to a Wi-Fi Network
- How to connect a Room Booking System device to the Enterprise Wi-Fi Encryption (WPA2-EAP)
Connect your device to a server
In order for your Room Booking System to display your calendar information on your new device, you will have to connect it to a server, which enables the communication between the Room Booking System Web Portal and your calendar solution.
This step is performed alongside the “Connect your Room Booking System Device to Wi-Fi” one, so make sure to complete them together in order to save time.
The instructions on how to connect to a server can be found here.
Pair the device to your Room Booking System Web Portal
With the device now connected to your Wi-Fi and the Micro USB cable unplugged from it, you will notice a pairing PIN code displayed on the device’s display.
Once the PIN is visible, follow these steps:
- Log in to the Room Booking System Web Portal
- Navigate to the “Manage” page via the top navigation menu
- Select “Devices” from the left-hand side menu
- Click on the “+ Add device” button
- A new pop-up window will open. If you are connecting a 6-inch or 13-inch device, select the “Room Booking System device” tab. If you wish to connect a TV, tablet, or browser via Room Booking System on Displays, select the “TV or browser” tab
- Enter the PIN displayed on your device
- Click “Pair device”
- You will then be redirected to an “Edit device” page where you can customize the device and set up certain device-specific settings. Once you are all set, go to the bottom of the page and click “Save”. Don’t worry, you can always edit your device later on.
Mount your Room Booking System device to a wall or door
The final step is to mount your device and start managing your office space and meetings more efficiently! Devices can be mounted at a maximum height of 2m.
We have prepared instructions on how to do so, depending on the surface and method. Make sure to check them out: