Whether it is a personal calendar of a team member or a shared resource such as a huddle space, conference room, desk, or any other office resource, if you wish to manage it with your Room Booking System you will need to add the resource to your Room Booking System Web Portal.
If you have not yet created a room resource in your calendar, click on your preferred calendar solution for detailed instructions on how to do so:
- Google Workspace
- Microsoft Exchange 2010, 2013, 2016 (Outlook)
- Office 365 (Exchange Online)
- iCalendar (.ics)
Before adding a room to your Room Booking System Web Portal, it is crucial to make sure that the calendar account you connected to your Room Booking System Web Portal has all the necessary managing rights and permissions or is an administrator account for the selected room resource.
How to add a room to your Room Booking System Web Portal
- Log in to Room Booking System Web Portal with your account credentials
- Navigate to the “Manage” page via the top navigation menu
- Select “Rooms” from the left-hand side menu
- Click the “+Add a room” button
- A pop-up window will appear. Enter the resource’s ID/email address and click “Add”
And that’s it! You have successfully added a room resource to your Room Booking System Web Portal.
Once the room resource is added you are able to customize the room by adding additional information such as the location and floor of the room, capacity, and amenities. To learn more about room customization, click here.
If you have a Room Booking System device ready and paired to your account, you can connect it to a room resource in order to display its schedule and availability. To learn how click here.