Aside from connecting to your Wi-Fi network, each Room Booking System device needs to connect to a Visionect Software Suite (VSS) server in order to operate and interact with your calendar.
All Enterprise users host their own VSS server. For information on how to do that, please click here.
To connect a device to your on-premise server follow the instructions below.
- Run the Room Booking System Configurator
- If you are using Windows or macOS, simply run the file.
- If you are using Linux, follow these steps:
- Open the Terminal
- Navigate to the destination folder where you downloaded the file. For example
- Run the Room Booking System Configurator as a superuser with the following command
- Connect the Room Booking System device to your computer with the provided Micro USB cable
- Once connected, click the “Configure” button in the bottom-right corner of the window
- Click “More options”
- Under the “HOSTING” section
- Enter the IP address of your server
- Click “Save”
And that’s it!