First time setting up your Room Booking System for your office? You are in the right place! This guide will help you get up and running in no time.
There are five major steps in the Room Booking System setup process:
- Create a Room Booking System Web Portal account
- Select your calendar solution
- Add rooms and resources
- Pair your devices
Before you start, please make sure that your Wi-Fi meets your Room Booking System’s network requirements. You can find them here.
Create a Room Booking System Web Portal account
First, we need you to create a Room Booking System Web Portal account.
What is the Room Booking System Web Portal? It is a dashboard where you are able to manage every aspect of your Room Booking System such as managing devices and room resources, enabling and disabling certain features, and controlling your subscription plan and billing information.
As only one email address can be connected to a Room Booking System Web Portal account, we suggest that you use an email address that is available to everyone who might need to access the Room Booking System Web Portal, for example, email@example.com.
The other variable which you will need to enter in order to create an account is your new password.
While we only require your password to be at least 6 characters, we recommend using a combination of upper and lower case characters and numbers to ensure the safety of your account.
If you agree to our policies, simply check the little square and click the "Register" button and move on to the next step.
Select your calendar solution
Now that we have met each other, it is time for you to connect your preferred calendar solution to your Room Booking System Web Portal.
At the moment, your Room Booking System supports the following calendar solutions:
- Google Workspace
- Microsoft Exchange 2010, 2013, 2016 (Outlook)
- Microsoft Office 365
- iCalendar (.ics)
For detailed instructions on how to create and connect calendars to your Room Booking System Web Portal, please click on the links for your preferred solution in the list above.
Please keep in mind that only one calendar solution can be connected to a Room Booking System Web Portal account at a time.
Make sure that the calendar account connected to your Room Booking System has edit permissions and that the account you are connecting to the Portal has administrative rights to that calendar.
Add rooms and resources
These are the resource calendars that you wish your Room Booking System to display and help you keep track of. These can be either a meeting room, a desk, or any other resource that is being shared and needs to be managed.
Your Room Booking System will automatically scan your calendar account to see if you have any rooms or resources available to sync with.
If the resource does not show up, you might want to add it manually by clicking “+Add room” and inputting the calendar’s email / ID.
Once you have added or selected a room resource, you can also customize and provide more information about the resources you wish to connect to your Room Booking System Web Portal with options such as:
- Room name
If you do not have any resources ready yet, do not worry. You can continue to the next step and add your resources later on in the Room Booking System Web Portal.
Pair your device
It is finally time to pair a device to your Room Booking System Web Portal account. This can be either a 6-inch or 13-inch device or your own display via the Room Booking System on Display functionality.
- The first step is to configure and connect your device to your Wi-Fi network via the Room Booking System Configurator. For instructions on how to do so, please click here.
- After successfully connecting to your Wi-Fi network and disconnecting the Micro-USB cable, a PIN code should appear on the screen of the device.
- Click the “+ Pair device now” button in the Room Booking System Web Portal and enter the PIN. Be careful, the PIN code is case-sensitive.
- Clicking “Pair device” will lead you to a new “Edit device” screen where you can select the device’s functionality depending on which device you paired.
- Once you selected the dedicated resource calendar for the specific device, click “Save”. You can now also add more of your devices to your Room Booking System Web Portal.
- If you do not have any more devices, clicking “Next” will finish the onboarding process and you will be transferred to the Room Booking System Web Portal.
And that’s it! Congratulations on your new Room Booking System Web Portal account.