If your device suddenly stopped working, is having Wi-Fi connection issues, is no longer responding to touch commands it can be either due to a network-related or hardware-related issue.
Throughout their operation, Room Booking System devices keep a log that contains information about their hardware, firmware, and actions they are taking. If an error occurs, it will be noted down in this log file.
So, whenever you experience an issue with the device, supplying this log file to us at firstname.lastname@example.org will make the process of identifying and resolving the issue much faster.
How to acquire the device's log file
But, how to acquire this file? Follow these steps:
- Run the Room Booking System Configurator (Download the configurator on the link)
- Connect the Room Booking System device to your computer with the provided Micro USB cable
- Once connected, click the “Logs” button in the bottom-left corner of the window
- The device will begin preparing the log file. Please be patient, as it might take a few minutes. Do not disconnect your device during this process
- Once the file is prepared, you will be prompted to save it to your computer
And that’s it! You now have the log file.
You can send it to us at email@example.com with a description of what is wrong with the device, and we will do our best to assist you.
We have also prepared a guide on how to troubleshoot the most common network-related issues. So, you can double-check that as well before reaching out to us. You can find it here.