Your Room Booking System devices are thin client devices that rely on an established internet connection in order to operate. Your Room Booking System is in constant communication with your calendar in order to display who booked the room and when is the next meeting.
A weak signal and unstable Wi-Fi connection with your Router or Access Point (AP), will cause the Room Booking device to enter a cycle of disconnects and reconnects to the network, affecting their battery life, responsiveness, system stability and more.
To ensure the Room Booking device’s stable connectivity before pairing up and installing your new Room Booking device please observe the following instructions:
- The location of your Room Booking device must have good signal coverage.
- Your network equipment should be up-to-date and reliable.
- The frequency of your Wi-Fi network should be 2.4 GHz.
- Room Booking devices are able to communicate only on Wi-Fi channels from 1 to 11.
- Your Wi-Fi network should not be overcrowded.
- You should not use a mobile hotspot.
If you need help connecting a Room Booking device to your Wi-Fi, click here.
For a detailed list of network requirements of Room Booking devices, click here.
A Room Booking device won’t connect to my Wi-Fi network
While we do our best to ensure that your Room Booking devices operate flawlessly, some issues might still arise. Especially when it comes to wireless connections.
But, do not worry! We prepared a list of all common issues you may face, as well as instructions on how to fix them. Click here.