If your company is using Enterprise Wi-Fi Encryption, you can set all the parameters in the Room Booking System Configurator for each device and have them online in no time.
How to connect a Room Booking System device to an Enterprise Wi-Fi network
- Run the Room Booking System Configurator
- Connect the Room Booking System device to your computer with the provided Micro USB cable
- Once connected, the Room Booking System Configurator will load for a moment before prompting you to select a Wi-Fi network. Below the Wi-Fi password field, you will notice a “More options” button
- Clicking it will expand the settings screen
- Begin entering the data by selecting your network from the drop-down menu
- Set the Wi-Fi encryption type to Enterprise security (WPA2-EAP) from the drop-down menu
- Enter the password for the selected network. Please keep in mind that the password is limited to 63 characters
- Choose the authentication method
- Enter the RADIUS username and password of your server in the dedicated fields
- Upload the necessary certificates by clicking each of the options
- Click “Save”
If you are unsure about which certificates or RADIUS credentials to use, please contact your IT department.
And that’s it. You can now also select the server you wish to connect to as well and your device is now online and ready to display the next meeting!
- For Enterprise security, the maximum Certificate length should be less than 12,280 bytes.
- For SSL certificates, the max length is 12,280 bits, and for Private Keys, it is 4,088 bits. The supported EAP methods are TLS, TTLS, PEAP, FAST. It should be an ASCII character string.
- EAP Method
- It should be either TLS, TTLS, FAST or PEAP. And it should be an ASCII character string.
- Inner Method
- This field is valid only for TTLS/PEAP. The supported Inner Methods are MSCHAP/MSCHAPV2. If you have TLS/FAST, the Inner Method should be set to MSCHAPV2.
- Due to the fact that the Room Booking System device does not have a full CA chain embedded, a CA certificate needs to be uploaded or the "Skip server verification" flag selected, along with a dummy CA certificate that can be downloaded here.
- A private key, a public certificate, and a CA (all .pem) need to be uploaded via the Room Booking System Configurator tool. Please note that the CA certificate must include only the last certificate in the chain. See test certificates to see their structure.