By default, all Room Booking System devices have dynamic IP addresses. However, if the network you are attempting to connect your Room Booking System device to has certain requirements or you simply wish to have the same IP address assigned to your Room Booking System device and speed up the connection process, you are able to set a static IP for your Room Booking System devices.
All network configurations for Room Booking System devices are done via the Room Booking System Configurator.
How to set a static IP for a Room Booking System device
- Run the Room Booking System Configurator
- Connect the Room Booking System device to your computer with the provided Micro USB cable
- Once connected, click the “Configure” button in the bottom right corner of the Room Booking System Configurator
- Click on “More options”
- Scroll to the bottom of the Room Booking System Configurator and click “Change device network settings”
- By default, the “Device obtains an IP address automatically” will be selected, but if you wish to set a static IP, select the “Use the following settings” option
- Input the values in the following fields:
- IP address
- Subnet mask
- DNS server
- Click the “Accept” button
- You will be redirected back to the “Configure” part of the Room Booking System Configurator. Click “Save” to save your new settings
And that’s it! Your device will shortly after clicking the "Save" button restart with the new settings and connect to your network.