Building-specific settings allow you to set different settings for a certain group of devices while keeping your global settings unaffected. These settings range from the timezone and preferred time format to enabling/disabling individual features for your devices.
Keep in mind that device-specific settings will override any building settings you might have enabled.
To learn more about the different levels of settings in your Room Booking System Web Portal, click here.
If you are unsure about how to add a building or edit its settings, see below:
How to add a building and add resources to it
If you are unsure how to add a building and connect rooms to it in your Room Booking System Web Portal, don’t worry. We prepared a detailed guide just for that. You can find it here.
How to edit building-specific settings
Once you have a building added to your Room Booking System Web Portal, you can enable/disable and adjust certain settings that will override your global settings for selected rooms/resources within that building.
Aside from editing the basic information, such as room, language, and time, the following features can be adjusted for each building:
- Custom logo
- Office hours
- Device features
- “Real-time booking” features (available only for 6-inch devices)
- Show meeting subject and organizer
- Show tentative meetings
- Enable touch (available only for 6-inch devices)
- Play sound on touch (available only for 6-inch devices)
- Show charging screen
- Show “No Wi-Fi” screen (available only for 6-inch devices)
- Warm welcome email
- Custom button (available only for 6-inch devices)
If you wish to learn more about each of the listed features, click the links above.
How to edit these settings
In order to edit these settings, you will need to open the “Edit building” page. Here’s how:
- Log in to the Room Booking System Web Portal
- Navigate to the “Manage” page via the top navigation menu
- Select “Buildings” from the left-hand side menu
- Click on the building you wish to edit
- If you do not have any buildings available, click here to learn how to add one
- The “Edit building” page will load for you. At the top, you will be able to add information on the building
- By default, all building specific features are disabled, so you will need to enable the ones you wish to edit
- Once you have enabled the features you desired and adjusted their parameters, click “Save”
And that’s it! You have successfully added building-specific features.